Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Tax Day!

For once, tax day is actually quite happy for me thanks to the fact that I was able to claim my wife's tuition expenses as a "Reduction in Income" so I got a huge return. Happy Tax Day to me!

For the most part, though, it seems like all people do is complain about taxes. The government can never win. Liberals complain that the rich pay too little; Republicans complain that they pay too much; and everyone, political alignments aside, thinks they personally pay too much.

So here are some interesting facts about taxes and those who do and don't pay them:

  • The richest 1% of Americans earn 22% of the nation's income, but pay over 38% of the nation's federal income taxes.


  • 47% of Americans (mostly low-income) pay ZERO federal taxes.


Keep this in mind next time you vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment