Tuesday, January 11, 2011

President Huntsman?

We've heard it before, but it looks like there is chatter that ex-Governor/ Ambassador Hunstman might run for President in 2012.

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/04/the-manchurian-candidate.html

 “You know, I’m really focused on what we’re doing in our current position, but we won’t do this forever, and I think we may have one final run left in our bones.” - Ambassador Huntsman

This thought makes me a little giddy! I'm from Utah and I'm a moderate Republican... oops! gave it away. That's the first time I've ever stated outright on here where I fall along the political spectrum. Anyway ... I know of very few politicians that match up to my political views as well as Huntsman does. I'm a big fan. He's pro-business, Utah's economy was the 2nd fastest growing in the nation during his term,  he now has a great relationship with China a.k.a America's credit card, and he's a bridge-builder. Even as a moderate, he left office with a near 80% approval rating in one of the reddest states in America. His "get stuff done" approach is one that's sorely lacking in Republican politics these days.

“He’s an inclusive person, which, without getting into personalities within our party, unfortunately is a rare commodity,” says Weaver, who has advised Huntsman on his political career in the past. “I’m a firm believer that our next great Republican president will be a conservative problem-solver. And to be a problem-solver you have to be inclusive about getting things done.”

 Here's to hoping that Huntsman returns from exile and makes a big run for office!

1 comment:

  1. Huntsman might speak pro-business but he didn't actually DO anything especially productive while in office. He's a silver-spooned pretty decent guy who looks great in a suit but, quite frankly, has not got the prowess to lead the country. Don't get me wrong, I like him but he's not where near the candidate Romney is. Move on - MUCH better candidate in Romney or others.

    ReplyDelete